5.16.2011

First, Love.

I am called to love others, just as I love myself. This, of course, gets very confusing for someone who is leaking with self-hatred.

How is it possible to really love others well, if I don't have a healthy theology of Divine acceptance, forgiveness, and freedom? How can I stand and teach about freedom when I keep returning to Egypt for one last drink of her well? Who am I to invite people into a joy that looks good on paper, but not in flesh and blood?

Jesus, keep me near the cross! I seemed to have wondered off, and I need your Spirit to guide me to the the life everlasting. I want to be a living example of new beginnings, celebrating the God of second chances. I want live into my authentic identity as your beloved (yet altogether unworthy) son. Here I am, take me.

No comments: