7.20.2012

A Daddy/Daughter Date

This is Ambria Faith.

She was taken from me for almost two years. During a season of heartbreak and depression, I slipped into an emotional coma. I have vague recollections of her laughter between February, 2008 through September, 2009.

Recorded video and pictures capture her smiles and curls,
as she began to walk and talk.
I don't remember any of it.

My counselor diagnosed this as classic Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder; the memory loss is specific to a series of episodes that exploded into my memory like a grenade, full of shrapnel and venom.

As the Lord has been restoring the years lost, I have been intentional about rediscovering her. I take Ambria on dates, and spend time talking to her every night before bed. (I do this with all three of my daughters, but it is only Ambria that I had lost in my memory). She has been coloring me pictures, and making me arts & crafts. Jamie says that she has always done that for me, but I just couldn't remember.

This a picture we took in the booth at Chuck-E-Cheese last week.

Ambria Faith, my bestest buddy.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Love her!

Donna said...

beautiful dear friend. Praying as the Lord continues to heal time lost.