9.24.2012

I (Still, Always) Love Jesus

Because he first loved me. Because he met me in the basement of hell and stormed the gates and rescued me from myself. He cooked me breakfast beside a charcoal fire and reinforces his ridiculous mercy.

I love Jesus Christ now, more than ever!

He is the One who silences the accuser, shatters the strongholds, recapitulates my story, and stands as my defense. I love Jesus because he is the One who has come, and will come again. He is the author and the finisher, the preamble and the conclusion. He is the introduction and the Post Script. He is the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

I am nothing. He is everything. I am a Voice, amplifying the Blood of the Slaughtered Lamb. I am a vapor of insignificance. He is the Wind and the Fire of a thousand gentle whispers.

1 comment:

Jerome said...

I'd have to disagree. There is nothing insignificant about you or what God is doing through you, bro. Love wins!