10.21.2021

Identity + Mission (Jay DePoy)

 I'm learning that I will never understand my mission in life, until I first understand my true identity. 

My name is Jay DePoy, son of Jerry and Judy DePoy, and the father to three beautiful daughters. 

I have tried and failed and tried again and failed again and still keep knocking. 

I have a criminal record and a spiritual limp.

I'm an average student with a penchant for pulling the fire alarm and escaping through the broken window. I cheated on the the final exam, and I've been suspended more times that I can count. I have let you down. 

But that's not what defines me. 

I'm also a loving husband and daddy, brother and friend. I have walked with the broken, and watched people literally take their last breaths. I have sat under the bridge and talked with those experiencing mental illness, addiction relapse, called the suicide hotline, and listened to the stories of those outside your circle of acceptance. I am a friend of sinners. 

My mission, is to keep going. To keep loving. To keep forgiving and seeking forgiveness. 

- Jerry (Jay) DePoy

1 comment:

Tom said...

As printed on my Crosspoint CC T-shirt: "Love God, Love People, Share Jesus"